WELCOME. LOVE & BLESSINGS

Here I am. This is a snapshot of my daily journey as a daughter of the Most High God. My Father impacts every aspect of my life, every day. This blog is about sharing some of my experiences and my relationship with my Heavenly Father, the Lord of my life and whose I am. The human family is in a war. The enemy of God wants to use us to discredit Him, His Kingdom and all it stands for; Love, Righteousness, Justice, Eternal Joy, Peace, Everlasting Life and All Things Good. In this war, we will be the big losers if we choose to remain on the side of the enemy. He cares nothing for us. It is Satan's plan to destroy us in order to win against God. I choose God's side and in this blog I share how that works in practice in my life. Let me know if this blesses you by your comments. Blessings and Love Always. LadyZaidie

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Reaching for a Definition


This is the second consecutive Sunday that I have found myself in Church. This has not happened in a few years, as I am usually in Church on Saturdays. I must say I really enjoyed being together with worshipers in the Church forum for the past two weekends but especially today. We were in Church for my son, Christy's Baccalaureate. I am sure that almost everyone knows what this means. Poor me, I did not! So I had to reach for my dictionary real quick. I figured out why we were going to the Church; to give thanks to God and ask His blessings on the MLK HS graduates ... but what was the exact meaning of baccalaureate, I wondered. Well, I found out that it is the sermon to graduates or the church service held for graduates. Well OK. I had always associated this word with university/college and a bachelor's degree and now thanks to my son's journey, my knowledge continues to grow.

As I sat in the Church, I was privileged, as well as happy, and sad, to be at Christy's baccalaureate at the Ray of Hope Church. I consider myself PRIVILEGED because God blessed me with a son who has reached this point in his life, this age, graduating from High School - a big deal. Also as a young black male child, especially here in the USA, he is part of the improving, encouraging statistics for our community. I am HAPPY to see how excited he is and to know how much he has overcome to be in this place and position right now. But I am a little SAD because he is growing up too quickly! He is ready to go off to college! My Baby!! He just smiles patiently, indulgently when I call him baby!!

As I sat in the house of God today,I thought about His Son and I thanked Him for Jesus the Christ. I reminded myself how PRIVILEGED I am that God gave His only begotten Son to live, to minister, to die, to rise, to intercede, to redeem me, so that I might have life eternal, be a child of the Most High again; reborn into His family again. Then I thought how very HAPPY I am because despite all the challenges of life, the Lord has never failed me yet, He has always been by my side and tho' I fall, by His grace "still I rise" up again! And yes, I am SAD, so very SAD, that despite all this, there are times when I still disappoint my Lord. After all He has done for me I succumb to the tempter and crucify my Saviour again by turning away from His teachings, heading off under my own steam, failing to follow Him always, all the time, wherever He leads.

Nevertheless, there is no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus and I am in Christ Jesus, by His grace! I am so glad that the Lord promises us that if we sin we have an Intercessor, Jesus Himself, seated at the right hand of the Father in heaven. He pleads for us, He pleads His blood and His righteousness if and when we turn back to Him. He never goes away from us, only by our sin do we separate ourselves from Him. But if we confess our sins, God is faithful and just to forgive us and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. I just LOVE HIM so!! The great thing is He loves me even more than I can ever imagine. When I think I am so mature and independent, He smiles patiently and indulgently and He calls me His own! The joys of Parenthood.

Love & Blessings. LadyZaidie

No comments:

Post a Comment