WELCOME. LOVE & BLESSINGS

Here I am. This is a snapshot of my daily journey as a daughter of the Most High God. My Father impacts every aspect of my life, every day. This blog is about sharing some of my experiences and my relationship with my Heavenly Father, the Lord of my life and whose I am. The human family is in a war. The enemy of God wants to use us to discredit Him, His Kingdom and all it stands for; Love, Righteousness, Justice, Eternal Joy, Peace, Everlasting Life and All Things Good. In this war, we will be the big losers if we choose to remain on the side of the enemy. He cares nothing for us. It is Satan's plan to destroy us in order to win against God. I choose God's side and in this blog I share how that works in practice in my life. Let me know if this blesses you by your comments. Blessings and Love Always. LadyZaidie

Friday, May 15, 2009

LIsten Always



Today is Friday and it is a really beautiful sunshine day. I am so happy to be alive, here, today. Speaking of today, I kept my appointment, on time and minus the uneasiness I was feeling yesterday. Yesterday, I woke up and started my day on the premise that it was Friday, so I did all my usual Friday things. Eventually in the afternoon, I got dressed, got in my car and set out to keep my appointment at 3:00pm, just up the road. However, from the time I started dressing, I was feeling real uneasy. Something was disturbing my peace. I just could not figure out what or why. So I prayed and ask the Lord to take care of whatever it was that was unsettling me. I got to my place of appointment and the gate was locked! There was no one there. 'That's not nice', I thought to myself. They could have let me know that there was a change. I waited for a while ... perhaps they were running late in opening the gate! No, still no one turned up after what I considered a reasonable time. I left. OK. Maybe I'll call and find out what happened, I decided.

I noticed that as I drove home I was settled and at peace again. No concerns, no discomfort. I sang along to my gospel music. When I got home, I had a drink and then picked the phone up to call. That was when it hit me. It was Thursday, not Friday! (LOL) I had been mistaken all day. The people at my place of appointment were not rude. They had not overlooked my appointment. I got the days mixed up. AND that is what my spirit and the Holy Spirit was trying to bring to my attention! That was the feeling for my unease. BUT I was not listening. I was so busy, so caught up in what I was doing, about to do. I was so happy that I got a chance to be of service to my local community; I was feeling so blessed that I was not in continuous dialogue with My Heavenly Father.

I was carrying on a monologue for a while! I was not Listening! Imagine what would have happened if Abraham had not continued a dialogue after he was told to offer his son as a sacrifice. Imagine. Isaac would have been dead. The consequences would have been more than that of course but for now, let's stop at this first and immediate effect of inattention to, or recognition of, the promptings of the Spirit of God. But Abraham spoke and then kept his ears open to anything further that God had to say to him. And God did say something else ... What He said gave Abraham back his son and promised the human family God's own Son as the Substitute Sacrifice for our sins!

I learned a valuable lesson alright; I must listen more that I speak. Prayer is a two way communication. I have tended to treat it as me talking to God most of the time. The truth is He wants to talk to me just as much as I want to talk to Him. Yes, He does communicate through the Bible, His servants, my brethren, nature and a myriad of ways. And He also does it directly to my spirit.

So today, Friday, I repeated the process. But this time as I prayed I kept alert to what my spirit was communicating to me. With peace and joy I kept my appointment. The gate was open, the people were there and I did my bit. As I left for the journey home, I thanked God for my 'senior moment' and His way of turning a mistake into a message.

Still, I think it's time I start putting up post-it notes with dates and times of appointments and activities and remember to look at them! The first one I will post will say "Write Blog Today"!!!! Love, Blessings & A Good Memory!! LadyZaidie

No comments:

Post a Comment