WELCOME. LOVE & BLESSINGS

Here I am. This is a snapshot of my daily journey as a daughter of the Most High God. My Father impacts every aspect of my life, every day. This blog is about sharing some of my experiences and my relationship with my Heavenly Father, the Lord of my life and whose I am. The human family is in a war. The enemy of God wants to use us to discredit Him, His Kingdom and all it stands for; Love, Righteousness, Justice, Eternal Joy, Peace, Everlasting Life and All Things Good. In this war, we will be the big losers if we choose to remain on the side of the enemy. He cares nothing for us. It is Satan's plan to destroy us in order to win against God. I choose God's side and in this blog I share how that works in practice in my life. Let me know if this blesses you by your comments. Blessings and Love Always. LadyZaidie

Friday, October 21, 2011

A big little word

"But" is a big little word that can destroy lives, destroy one's future, ones's dreams, hopes and salvation. Let's look at a few of the situations that this little word controls. A motorist says to a group of pals:"I was gonna take a taxi but I can't be bothered with the hassle to come get my car tomorrow so I'll drive us home; I'll be careful". There was only one survivor when his car filled with 3 friends collided with the SUV of a couple refturning from a week's holiday.The family of 4 died and so did the driver and 2 of his friends!

"Mum and Dad would kill me if they knew that I am having sex with a boy I just linked with on facebook but it's just some harmless fun; I'm not hurting anyone", said the young teenage girl. Sometime later as she lay dying from AIDS; her family is devastated, Mom and Dad are blaming each other for not being better parents, and she realises that she will not live long enough to celebrate her sixteenth birthday.

"Doing homework is just too boring. I should really do it but I'll just play on my PS3 for a while". The homework never got done and that was just the beginning of a pattern of behaviour that led to a failure of all exams and no high school diploma!

"I would like to be a doctor but..." "I wish I could ... but..."

"I want to commit my life to God but..."

Think about the power of that little word "but". It has the power to determine what kind of life one lives, how one lives, and even if one actually keep living at all. Even more importantly, whether one has eternal salvation or not often depends on whether we find an excuse to say no to God. "But" so very often really means "no". The Apostle Paul says that he desires to do good but he finds himself doing the wrong that he does not want to and all of us can relate to this sentiment.

In truth there is a war that wages for our minds, bodies and spirits. Our sinful nature is at war with our Creator; we joined the rebellion against His Kingdom when our first parents choose to break the Father's command in Eden. Yet this has never caused Him to stop loving us; wanting us to "come home" to Him. He implemented His Plan of our Redemption; giving His only Begotten Son to die for us on the Cross of Calvary. Jesus obediently suffered crucifixion and death to save us even while we were the ones killing Him! Greater love is not to be found in this or any other world.

"But" is a big little word indeed but there is an even bigger little word and that is "love". If we love God with all our hearts; if we love each other; if we make a choice to accept the gift of salvation and be like Jesus, then love, God's love will assure us an eternal inheritance as sons and daughters of the Most High God; Sovereign Lord of Heaven and earth and all creation!God is Love! "But" may be a big little word alright but surely there is no bigger little word than "love" - it is the greatest!

1 Corinthians 13:13 - "And now abides faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love." Meditate on Love. Blessings to you all. LadyZaidie

1 comment:

  1. Please click on "Comments" and let me hear from you ... I am encouraged and blessed when I know that you also are blessed by my blog pieces.

    ReplyDelete