WELCOME. LOVE & BLESSINGS

Here I am. This is a snapshot of my daily journey as a daughter of the Most High God. My Father impacts every aspect of my life, every day. This blog is about sharing some of my experiences and my relationship with my Heavenly Father, the Lord of my life and whose I am. The human family is in a war. The enemy of God wants to use us to discredit Him, His Kingdom and all it stands for; Love, Righteousness, Justice, Eternal Joy, Peace, Everlasting Life and All Things Good. In this war, we will be the big losers if we choose to remain on the side of the enemy. He cares nothing for us. It is Satan's plan to destroy us in order to win against God. I choose God's side and in this blog I share how that works in practice in my life. Let me know if this blesses you by your comments. Blessings and Love Always. LadyZaidie

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Let the weak say, "I am Strong"

Last night I got scared. Last night my sons got scared. Last night we were all so scared again that I sinned. My oldest son sinned. I was trying to protect us,again. He was trying to protect us, again. But we sinned. Again. After the storm was averted, my son asked me, "Mom,aren't you a strong woman?" "Yes", I said, "I am a strong woman". "OK" he said,somewhat satisfied perhaps, as he walked away. But since he left me,I have been pondering this question for a few hours now. Am I a strong woman? What exactly does it mean and do I really believe, know that I am a strong woman? Did I answer my son correctly?

Tonight, like so many other times, I was faced by a situation that we had experienced many, many times before. Do I face up to it, to the consequences and all. Or do I try everything in my power to avoid going through all the hurt and humiliation that it entails. I had no strength for this battle again, no strength for the wounds that would be inflicted;no strength to nurse my children's hurt and restore their confidence. I had no strength tonight. I wanted peace. The children wanted peace tonight. I was a weak woman tonight and I had made my children weak also. I had relied on self in the moment. And in the moment I had failed my Lord, myself and my children. I had sinned and so had my son. Our eternity was lost in a moment of fear; the fear of a man. Human strength had failed me and my son. Our faith was placed in our own ability to fight the enemy's attack. And of ourselves, we failed. "But if we sin, we have an Advocate with the Father". "Where sin abounds, grace much more abounds". Thank God for Jesus. Thank God for Grace.

In truth, I am weak. I have never had any strength of my own. I know this full well. "Not by might,nor by power but by my Spirit", says the Lord. It is only His Spirit, His love, His word that has kept me and my children through the severest trials and testings I have ever faced in my life in the last few years. But, "Let the weak say I am strong!". Hallelujah!!

The answer to the question then is YES. I AM STRONG. I AM A STRONG WOMAN. Not by myself, not my own strength but by and through the mercy of my Saviour Jesus. My sons and I will have this discussion later in the morning. We will not respond to fear by sinning, we will not seek to be safe by sinning, we will not allow the enemy to intimidate us, corner us like wounded animals so that we sin against our God, again. We will look at such situations squarely and we will keep our peace. We will allow the Lord to fight our battle. He is our true strength; always,in all situations,at all times. Next time we will be prepared; we will be ready to be more than conquerors through Christ Jesus, our Lord.

Blessings & Peace. Ladyzaidie

No comments:

Post a Comment